Instagram

                                                                Follow Instagram

Monday 23 November 2015

Laura Mercier Extra Lash Sculpting Mascara

For my first ever post (so excited!!) I am going to be reviewing the Laura Mercier Lash Sculpting Mascara in Black Onyx.



*** Firstly I want to point out all views and opinions are my own ***

I have tested this mascara over the past 2 weeks and this is what it looks like: 



Positives:
. It has a nice thick and creamy formula. I like my mascara thick and I find that with some mascaras I find I have to apply a three of four layers to get it to the desired fullness but this really only needed two layers. 
. I also absolutely love the brush it's got loads of tiny bristles that allow the mascara to coat every single lash even the tiny ones in the corners. The spiky edges to the bristles really allow each lash to be completely separated.
. It really gets my lashes looking extremely full and jet black looking.
. It lengthens my lashes to their full capacity. I don't have the longest of lashes but when I wear this mascara I even had a couple of people ask if I am wearing falsies!

Negatives:
. So I absolutely loved this mascara at first, I was honestly thinking it's the best mascara I have tried and I have used soo  many mascaras but I changed my mind about 4 hours later when I looked in the mirror and had black smudges all under my eyes! This mascara is it is really not in any way smudge proof. I do get quite watery eyes but even on the days that I wore this when my eyes were normal I would find that it had smudged. It doesn't necessarily flake but you get this horrible black dot smudges and I end up having to touch up my concealer about 3 times in the day when I'm wearing this.
. I also find that if you apply more than two coats the formula will start to clump. I love building up my mascara and to be honest two coats is all it needs to make it really dramatic with this mascara but I thought I would see how far it could go and it ended up clumping.
. The formula seemed to thicken by the second week. I'm not so sure that this is a negative but if you want a dramatic look then you won't really be able to achieve it from this mascara until it is slightly used by week two and the formula has really built up on the brush (the photos I have taken are from week 2 of using this mascara). 

Conclusion:
Overall I would say this is a good mascara for a night out but not practical for everyday use and definitely not for anyone who has watery or sensitive eyes.

6 comments:

  1. Love this post! Very informative and some great and useful information about the product :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first post! Thanks so much for sharing, i'll definitely have to check this mascara out! XO, T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first post! Thanks so much for sharing, i'll definitely have to check this mascara out! XO, T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wand is one of my favourite and your lashes look great!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fab! Great review! I've been meaning to try this brand! X

    Veganism and why over on -
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete